Praia Group on Governance Statistics Update
From 17th to 19th June 2015, the Praia group on governance statistics met to discuss their 2016-2020 road map. The meeting covered the conceptualisation, measurement methodology and dissemination of governance statistics.
The participants noted that: the demand for governance statistics is increasingly significantly, but current offerings are not sufficient; there is little agreement about core governance concepts.
The group also stressed the need to: harmonise and universalise the measurement of governance, while simultaneous increasing stakeholder consultation; establish SDG 16 as a governance statistic’s priority; acknowledge that states at different stages of development will approach governance (statistics) differently.
Their flagship product—‘handbook on governance statistics’—will follow this timeline:
- mapping, critical assessment and synthesis of available sources (2016)
- demand for governance statistics by various user constituencies (2016)
- preparation of the first draft (2017)
- consultation on the draft handbook (2018)
- revision of the draft in the light of the consultations (2018)
For more detail, see this link.Former News & Event