About the EIP
The Effective Institutions Platform (EIP) is an alliance of over 60 countries and organisations that support country-led and evidence-based policy dialogue, knowledge sharing and peer learning on public sector management and institutional reform.
The EIP supports its members in their development of accountable, inclusive and transparent public sector institutions capable of delivering responsive policies, effective resource management, and sustainable public services for poverty reduction and inclusive growth.
The EIP does this through hosting a different kind of conversation; using collective learning processes to capture innovation, stimulating experimentation and bringing this learning to a wider audience through an influential global network.
Video: What is the Effective Institutions Platform and what makes it different?
The Effective Institutions Platform: One of a Kind
The EIP collaborates with a number of multi-stakeholder groups and actors working on public sector reform. However, it is distinctive from other efforts in a number of ways. In particular, the EIP:
- Brings together a diverse group of stakeholders engaged in Public Sector Reforms- not only government representatives, but civil society representatives, legislators and think tanks.
- Works through innovative approaches to peer learning under the "Learning Alliances on Public Sector Reform".
- Provides a safe space to debate successes and failures in public sector reform efforts and communicates the results as appropriate.
- Provides evidence and promotes experimentation in the area of public sector reform.
- Supports motivation, leadership, strategic foresight and innovation among public officials.
- Works across institutional objectives- including but not restricted to increased transparency across government.
- Helps bridge local, regional and global efforts to strengthen public sector institutions.
[[ publication 7 ]]